Terminator-forum
Welcome to Terminator- Forum, We believe your visit to us will help you to gain more knowledge & informations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Terminator-forum
Welcome to Terminator- Forum, We believe your visit to us will help you to gain more knowledge & informations
Terminator-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess Hero - chess training program

Go down

Chess Hero - chess training program Empty Chess Hero - chess training program

Post by Canibal June 18th 2011, 10:14

How does it work?

You supply a set of PGN files
The program picks random positions from the PGN files and challenges you to guess the best move computed by a chess engine
On every attempt you are given a penalty (the difference in score between your move and the engine best)

The program can be configured to work with multiple chess engines, and supports both the XBoard and UCI engine protocols.

Chess Hero - chess training program Board23_thumb

Above is a picture of the program main window. At the bottom right you can see my three attempts at the best move:

My first move was Qe4+, resulting in a penalty of 1.25 pawns. You can configure the program to accept moves below an arbitrary penalty threshold (by default it is set to 0.25 pawns). Qe4+ was also the move played in the game.
Next I played Qe7, but that was another 1.09 penalty.
At last, I got it right with Bxb4.

You can greatly customize the program by simply feeding it different kinds of PGN files, such as:

Master games that match the openings you play
Your own games
Tactical positions from well-known collections
Games of your chess hero

Chess Hero 2.3.1

Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7

Size: 8.5 MB

http://innokuo.altervista.org/download.php?get=ChessHero231.exe

Canibal

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum